Search This Blog

Monday 3 September 2007

My First BPEL demo

I followed this how to on OTN using JDeveloper 10.1.3.1. All though the how to is for JDeveloper 10.1.2 it was easy enough to do it in JDeveloper 10.1.3 as the steps are similar.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe_as_1012/integration/bpel/jdev_sect/first_bpel_proj/1st_bpel_prj.htm

All though just a simple hello world BPEL demo what I found interesting is that once you deploy your BPEL project the actual BPEL deployed process (HelloWorld in my case) is automatically published as a web service making it easily accessible from any client. In my case I accessed my BPEL process using a J2SE java client and then an ADF JSF Web Client.

Impressed from what I have seen on my first run with BPEL and the SOA suite, hope to play around with this a little bit more when time permits.

No comments: